So just over a month ago I turned 30, and I’m embracing it. I like being at an age where you are taken a little more seriously, you do have a decent depth of worldly knowledge and I personally feel I care even less what people think anymore. It’s liberating.
So now I’ve amassed 30 years worth of knowledge, a large percentage of which is nonsense but nevertheless, here’s a list of 30 things I’ve learnt at 30. Oh OK, not all of it has come from me, I asked a couple of days ago on a Facebook Live Video for your thoughts on this subject and have selected a few that I felt were relevant to me too.
- I can do things at my own pace.
- I enjoy more of a variety of things.
- Growing up isn’t always all it’s cracked up to be.
- Your perception of what’s important in life changes dramatically.
- Our parents were probably right a lot more than I thought back then.
- The process of becoming your parents has well and truly begun.
- You don’t have to be drunk to enjoy yourself.
- Simple things in life become more precious.
- I answer to no-one. Not even the wife, unless she’s reading this then I’m sorry I’m just showing off in-front of my friends!
- My judge of character is almost perfected, I can spot a dickhead from 100 yards.
- The majority of adults are genuine, genuinely out for themselves, watch out for these people.
- If I don’t want to do something, saying no is tonnes easier.
- I have a talent for guessing how many carrier bags we will need to pack up the big shop.
- I care less each year what people think, this is liberating indeed.
- You can genuinely do what you want.
- You don’t actually know everything when you’re 15, 20 or even 25.
- Kids change the world.
- Even at 30, farting is still funny.
- If you don’t see your best mate for 24 hours it doesn’t mean you have to get a new one.
- If you say Shit in-front of your 3 year old, they will choose the most inappropriate moment to repeat this.
- Superhero films are still as exciting at 30 as they were when I was 10.
- Positive mental attitude isn’t a myth, being positive really does help life.
- Religion, government and authority are all elements a brainwashing.
- Don’t believe everything you hear and believe nothing you see on Facebook.
- Not everyone will like you. You won’t like everyone. Deal with it.
- School is not the only place to receive and education.
- Be a ‘yes’ person, otherwise you’ll sit around being a ‘what if’ person.
- The character, Joker in Batman says ‘Why so serious’, he’s right, life doesn’t always have to be serious.
- Always do what you want, even if it doesn’t work out at least you can’t blame others, you don’t want that, be decisive.
- Everyone is just winging life, no one has it figured out.
So there you go. A few useful things in there I think.
Thanks to everyone that got involved. I may do a video on this one, I enjoyed writing it.
Let me know what you think, I’m always knocking about on the old Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Oh and don’t forget to check out my new YouTube channel, links below….