Planning Ahead | with Avalon #ad
As part of my self-motivational routine I often remind myself that one day I will die.
I know this isn’t the ‘norm’ to think about death as a way of motivating yourself, but I’m not exactly the ‘norm’. My thinking behind this is to almost scare myself into making the most out of each day whilst also re-focussing some perspective.
One thing I don’t seriously think about though, is planning for the day I actually do die. I mean, using a phrase as I do is one thing, to actually plan what happens in the event of your death is a entirely different ball game!
It’s certainly not the easiest of topics to discuss with yourself let-alone loved ones. The topic has been raised and now my brain is engaged thinking about this subject. If I was to go I wouldn’t for a second want Donetta and the rest of our family worrying about paying for my funeral. I mean, my thinking is I’m dead, go for a few pints and a bite to eat and maybe laugh at some of the YouTube videos I’ve left behind, I don’t care about anything fancy.
Should I be putting a little aside now to alleviate any extra pressures at what will be an awful moment as it is?
I’ve been looking at the information and pre-paid funeral planning services on Avalon Funeral Plans. Here’s a run down of what Avalon offer…
- ✔ You plan a day that celebrates your life – so that you are remembered in the way you want to be
- ✔ You take the worry away and help those closest to you to avoid having to make difficult decisions at a stressful time
- ✔ You remove the financial burden – your prepaid funeral plan will control the costs so no costly funeral bills for your loved ones
- ✔ You can beat spiraling funeral costs – year after year industry statistics show that the longer a plan is in place the greater the potential savings will be
- ✔ You can be safe in the knowledge that you’re dealing with a registered Funeral Planning Authority (FPA) provider with over 20 years’ experience
- ✔ Everything in your plan is taken care of – we allocate a funeral director at the point of purchase from our trusted partners
Now listen, I know this isn’t the most uplifting thing to be thinking about, but it could be one of the most important things to be thinking about. Financial stress is bad enough day to day never mind immediately after losing a loved one.
I won’t pretend I know all the ins and outs of pre-paid funeral plans but I know Avalon do and that’s what counts. Visit their website for more information and I’d suggest having the conversation and start planning ahead.
Hopefully there’s a gazillion years ahead yet where you won’t need to put your package to use, but there’s nothing wrong with being prepared.
I’d love to gage how many of you are already way ahead of me on this and already have something sorted and do let me know if you’re now thinking about putting something in place… See you in the comments 🙂
I’ve worked with Avalon to bring you my thoughts on this tough subject. Having the conversation with Donetta wasn’t easy!
THANK YOU FOR READING! I’M OVER ON INSTAGRAM IF YOU FANCY COMING OVER TO CHAT! YOU CAN ALSO KEEP UP WITH EVERYTHING DADVWORLD ON MY FACEBOOK PAGE 🙂