Who’s that guy? #BlogON
I’m off to BlogON next weekend, 21st May 2017 and this linky has caught my attention. I think it’s a great idea so I’ve got involved to tell you a little about me…
- Share a recent picture of you – OK, here I am…
- Describe yourself in three words
Positive, Happy, Ambitious
- How long have you been blogging and what made you start?
I’ve been blogging for just over a year. When we took the decision for me to quit my ‘normal’ full-time job, I wanted to use my time wisely. I had a look around online and decided that blogging about my life as a Dad would be a cool thing to do. Not only could I possibly help one other parent that might take something from how I parent, but to be able to look back at all those recorded thoughts and feelings later on in life will be precious.
- What was the inspiration behind your blog name?
I’m a Dad. There is a world. I’m taking it on. DadvWorld. Plus, the other 15 names I wanted first were taken!
- What is the best thing to come from your blog so far?
Without a doubt the friendships I’ve made through blogging. Some of them still only an online friendship but then there’s also my friendship with Luke! We’re now ‘real’ friends, our family visit eachother and we’ve created an entire parent network together!
- Your most remembered thing from your childhood
Playing football 24/7 without a care in the world. That’s literally all I cared about, playing football. Two knee operations later and I can’t play anymore so hold those memories close!
- Something interesting you might not know about me is . . .
I’m 80% blind in my right eye. A freak football accident, the ball hit me in the face, only this time something managed to break through and scar my retina!
- Which social media platform best describes your personality and why?
As I write this, Instagram Stories. I love posting out little snippets of my day, creating an entire daily vlog all through one platform with zero editing. It’s quick, real and unfiltered. That’s exactly how I am.
- What is your happy song?
A Thousand Years – Christina Perri. Our wedding song. Gets me emotional EVERY TIME!
- What is your favourite alcoholic drink
I rarely drink. In fact BlogON will most likely be the first time I will have an alcoholic drink in 2017! When I do have a drink though Kopparberg Mixed Fruit is my tipple.
- What is your favourite cake?
Chocolate. Anything chocolate.
- What is your favourite takeaway dish?
Chicken Curry and Egg Fried Rice – Donner Kebab Wrap – Quarter Pounder PLAIN with Chips. This could go on a while…
- Where is your dream holiday destination and why?
Tough one. I’d probably say Vegas with Donetta because I can imagine us having the best time ever. A bit of sensible gambling, loads of vlogging and probably dressing up as Elvis to renew our wedding vows! A family holiday, maybe a huge cottage somewhere, with a games room, nice places to go for walks and weather that was nice but not sweltering… France, Italy or somewhere like that.
- What would your superhero name be?
Super Iron Hulk Dad Bat Man
- If you had a magical power, would you want to have and why?
The ability to freeze time but select people to still be active. Imagine freezing time, everything stops, then I along with whoever else I choose can go around doing whatever we need to, probably messing with people in a childish way, then restarting time again. Would be ace!
- What one weapon would help you survive a zombie apocalypse?
A gun with unlimited zombie-antidote bullets.
- If you could send something into space, what would it be?
A DadvWorld business card… If I finally get around to designing the re-branded ones!
- What would you have on your gravestone?
To my children, I’ve done it my way, now you do it yours.
- You make headline news around the world in 2 years time… but for what reason?
Creating a dominating parent brand all from my pretend office that’s actually my hallway.
- If an EMP wiped out all mechanical forms of transport, how would you get to BlogOn?
Via FaceTime? 🙂
Feel free to give me a nudge, shout at me, poke me, whatever to get my attention and say hello! See you online (And BlogON if you’re going) @dadvworld
One last thing… Fancy nominating me for an award? Click that BiB thing just below, cheers!